Some of the most popular acne cream products today contain either antimicrobials or retinoids. Antimicrobials, as their name suggests, kill or inhibit the production of the bacteria that cause acne. On the other hand, retinoids, derived from Vitamin A, unclog pores and stop the formation of whiteheads and blackheads. Below are some examples of these.
· Clindamycin is a semi-synthetic antibiotic. It reduces acne and lessens inflammation. Clindamycin has been proven to be safe and well tolerated. However, it may cause side effects such as skin dryness or irritation. It can decrease the bacterial resistance that often occurs when antibiotics are used.
· Erythromycin has both antimicrobials and anti-inflammatory properties. Acne cream preparations that combine erythromycin and benzoyl peroxide have been proven to be very effective. Side effects include dryness and irritation of the treated area. It can also decrease the bacterial resistance from antibiotic use.
· Adapalene is a synthetic retinoid that unclogs pores and has moderate to potent anti-inflammatory properties. Minor skin irritation and dryness may occur with use.
· Tretinoin was the first retinoid developed for topical use. It is a natural retinoid that gradually unclogs pores and helps them stay unplugged. Redness, itching, and burning, are some of the side effects observed in users.
After Vitamin-A derived retinoids, the most recent revolutionary treatment for acne comes from a substance called niacinamide. It is derived from niacin, a component of the Vitamin B complex.
Niacinamide and acne treatment were the subject of a New York State University study, where 76 patients were studied for the acne healing effects of 4% niacinamide gel versus 1% clindamycin gel. The preparations were used on moderate to inflammatory acne, twice daily for eight weeks.
The result – 82% of niacinamide patients showed improvement as compared to only 68% of clindamycin patients. Moreover, since Clindamycin is widely known to diminish bacterial resistance, niacinamide is even more preferred.
Acnessential, a 4% Niacinamide cream, is one of the most effective acne cream products in the market today. Some of its advantages are the following.
· It is natural and safe to use for as long as you need it.
· It will not make your skin develop bacterial resistance unlike most antimicrobials. · It is ideal if you have dry, sensitive skin and cannot tolerate retinoids well. buy careprost